Wednesday, October 24, 2018

There's no place like Fox Meadow

As I wrote previously, my first job was at Tyronza Elementary and I left after working there only two years. It was a gut-wrenching decision to leave that school that had become my home. However, I was taking my dream job at the school I always wanted to teach at...Fox Meadow Elementary. I had completed part of my student teaching at the school and literally lived within walking distance of the school as well. I had interviewed there right after graduation, however I did not get the job so when another opening was posted I jumped at the change again. I loved every aspect of the school...the diverse student population, the welcoming and cheerful administration, the incredible teachers. I began teaching there in 2006 and taught first grade for 5 years. I would have never left that job if my husband's job did not relocate us to central Arkansas in 2011. So when I was invited back...for the first time in years I was beyond excited.

I was greeted by the sweetest group of first and second grade kiddos playing ukuleles and singing and then the violin students performing. It was awesome to see such young students having exposure to this level of instrumental instruction.


Over the next few hours I got to see how the school has changed to accommodate the needs of students. One of the most innovative methods was the implementation of "WIN" time. "WIN" stands for "whatever I need". This is a program they have implemented to provide students with non-academic exposure to arts, music, sciences, and health and wellness. Once a quarter, the students that are performing on or above grade level get to select activities they are interested in and are pulled out of the classroom for enrichment with the activity teachers. The remaining children then get intensive intervention and extra support. The smaller class size allows the classroom teacher and instructional aide time to really provide student focused lessons to help them make growth. The enrichment activities have included hockey, research projects in the library, painting ceiling tiles, learning to play musical instruments, rock painting, etc. This program not only promotes student choice but provides whole child learning.




During my time at Fox Meadow I got to see and hug so many of my sweet friends I worked with and reminisce of funny stories. I loved the renovation of the library, implementation of a STEAM lab and STEAM after-school club, the intervention room with data wall, and the lovely paintings that adorn the walls. One of my favorite additions to the building is the new "Peace Lounge" that provides teachers a place to go and relax during the day. The room is darkened and has a large waterfall and aromatherapy. I love that teachers can sit on a comfy couch and just re-set if needed...what an incredible way to support and honor the adults in the building.





They also provided a conference room full of snacks for teachers to come in and chat with me. I loved this time to connect with teachers and catch up with old friends. Before I left I was gifted with the most awesome bag full of goodies. The bag says "There's no place like Fox Meadow". And I couldn't agree more.

1 comment :

  1. 🎆THE HACK GEEKS🎆
    "As Long As Its Technology, It Can Be Hacked"

    There are several individuals claiming to be hackers, given rediculous testimonies about how some hacker helped them hack someone phone or email account, they also give false promises such as creating blank cards and money flip❌, but end up taking your money and disappearing away. Come to think of it, if blank cards were real, the hackers them selves will not need to work for someone they will just do it for them selves and be cool.

    Here are some few tips to know a real and legit HACKER.
    ✔EVERY HACKER BELONGS TO A HACKING FORUMS:
    These forum is to Monitor Hackers activities, and to prevent any Hacker from billing to high for a job. Some individuals claiming to be hackers Dont even have these ideas, all they do is advertise online as a Hacker. Before hiring any Hacker make sure he belongs to a Hacking forum.

    ✔EVERY HACKER WORKS UNDER AN ORGANIZATION:
    No hacker should stand alone, every Hacker should be working for an Organization. You see some adverts like "Hackwizard, Hacklord, Cyberlord" and all manner of craps claiming to be a Hacker but they are just scammers and spammers.

    ❌NO HACKER SHOULD COLLECT MONEY FROM YOU, YOU ARE TO PAY TO HIS ORGANIZATION:
    No Hacker should tell you to pay to him but to pay to the organization he/she works for. When hiring a Hacker, the organization he/she works for should assign them to you and receive payment from you, not you paying to the Hacker, think of it what if he denies taking money from you? how do you prove you paid to him?

    ❌NO HACKER SHOULD PROMISE YOU HE CAN HACK A BANK OR HE CAN HELP YOU MAKE MONEY(Blank credit card/Money flip):
    The only outstanding way to make money without get a job is by Mining Bitcoin. Mining Bitcoin can be done by the use of some softwares and a hardware device.
    Contact: miningbitcointech @ gmail. com for more on that.
    ❌NO HACKET WANTS HIS IDENTITY TO BE REVEALED:
    Hacking is an illegal work, and every Hacker is actually in hiding, except for those who actually work for Government agencies and are known for there services.
    HERE ARE SOME THINGS A HACKER CAN HELP YOU WITH:
    ✔CYBER ATTACKS
    ✔CLONING OF DEVICE(Computers & Phones)
    ✔CLEARING CRIMINAL RECORDS
    ✔CREDIT SCORE INCREASE
    ✔CHANGING OF FILES, DELETING OF FILES IN AN ORGANIZATION, SCHOOL E.T.C
    ✔EMAIL HACKS, SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT HACKS
    ✔BITCOIN MINING
    If you need to hire a Hacker, contact:
    ✨THE HACK GEEKS✨
    thehackgeeks@gmail.com
    We look forward to hacking for you.

    ReplyDelete