Friday, August 16, 2013

Times have changed.

Last night we had our parent meet and greet. I loved seeing all the new kiddos. As I was watching these kiddos walk into my classroom I realized they all seem a lot more mature than I was this week in 1987.  I know the students were nervous just like I was 26 years ago. It is an intimidating time for any child whether you started Kindergarten in 1987 or 2013. Besides it being nerve-wracking for everyone a lot has changed since 1987. Last night before the parents started filtering into my room I double checked to make sure my smartboard was working, I checked my emails one last time on my lap top and then placed my iPad out of reach of any young, unexperienced hands. In 1987, I was technologically advanced then too. I had a sweet Teddy Ruxspin that played tapes. Our house had a t.v and a VCR. Some great movies came out that year (Robocop, The Priness Bride, Dirty Dancing) . Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch any of them that year since none are appropriate for a 5 year old (in my opinion). I don't think I had ever seen a computer. Times are changing but I think for the good. I am so excited about getting to know these kiddos and learning what is cool and hip in 2013. I might feel outdated real fast.

No comments :

Post a Comment